Monday, April 6, 2009

I have finally stepped into the TWILIGHT zone!


Alright - I had already read the books...grudgingly, at first. Seriously - I only started to read them when my neighbor handed me the book & said to just read it. I was so hesitant because "everybody was doing it!" My sister religiously tried to get me to read them...she was one of the crazies who was at the store to get the last book at midnight & also one of the first ones to see the movie in the theater.

Well, much to my forced dismay - I loved reading them. I couldn't put the suckers down! I am the type who prefers to start reading book series when they are all out. That way, I don't have to wait to see what happens. I did it with Harry Potter & Eragon. (That one actually backfired because the author changed his mind partway through the supposed "last book" & decided another had to be written...so still waiting for that one.)

Well, I finally watched the movie - again after it was out on DVD & my neighbor handed that one to me as well. Thanks Jeri!! I was hesitant again because of how much it was talked up & down. I sat there watching and analyzing it, comparing it to the book the whole time. "Interesting..." I thought.....the first time. Well, I watched it about 2 more times the following week. I am almost ashamed to admit it - but it has grown on me! I am getting more used to actors chosen for certain characters...like Carlisle (pictured him looking a little older), Rosalie (expected more model like features...but the fact that she is a normal looking person is quite refreshing and seriously - who could live up to the image in the book?) & Emmett (pictured him a much bigger - brawny type.)


I think Bella's character was NAILED! I could really feel her emotions through it all. (It is almost embarrassing to even tell you this! But I am leaning more towards Team Edward!)

Today I was checking out Stephanie Meyers website & I came across the partial draft of Midnight Sun - the perspective of Edward through the first book. Holy moly! It took me most of the day to read it - it was 264 pages long. It was awesome!! Too bad she will never finish & publish it. I now have even more insight into the characters in Twilight...you know, since he reads minds.

3 comments:

M. M. C. C. said...

I'm so glad you finally watched the movie. it had to grow on me too. I'm pretty excited, and must admit, am one of the crazies waiting for November when New Moon hits theatres. they have a new director and he's focusing more on the story in the book, rather than the teen angst version Twilight became. It is good, but I'm excited for something different. how did you feel about Edward? I totally approved of him, even when no one else agreed. he did great. don't let that change your answer though : ) ha ha. did Chris watch it?

ps... have you read The Host?

Jen H said...

I am glad that you followed someone's advice since your 'crazy' sister could not convince you to jump on the bandwagon.

PS. I agree, now you should read The Host. I absolutely loved it (I know . . a book about aliens, really? Really it is awesome and the book I chose for book club this month.)

Jess G said...

I too was sucked in by Twilight. My 16 year old cousin gave me the first book to read when I was in PA. I took it and it sat on my night stand for a long time. Seriously, . . these books were for teenagers, right? So I had another trip planned back to PA and thought I better read the book so I could give it back to her. Well, . . I was immediately hooked and finished the book in just a few days. My trip to PA was still almost a week away and I just couldn't wait that long to start the second book so I had to go out and buy it. I finished it on the car ride to PA and luckily my cousin was there to save the day and give me the last 2. The books were amazing!!
I decided that since the books were just so darn good that I had to get the movie. I got it the first day it was available and was greatly disappointed. I didn't like most of the characters and it just seemed so awkward.
Oh, and I have been Team Edward all along :)
Sorry for my big long dissertation! I'm actually going to buy all the books for myself so I have them to read again.