Sunday, April 5, 2009

Minnie - heaven help us! Part 2

This one is easier on the stomach! (Just thought I would let you know up front.)
This is the case of the Missing Squeaky Ball. This all started when Minnie was out front and went into our neighbor's garage & came out with a squeaky tennis ball. She was loving it! It took a little to get it away from her & back to our neighbor, but we decided that we needed to get her one of her own. We went down to Petsmart in search of one. They came in a 2 pack - but man, they were like 7 bucks! We figured that it was worth it since she really likes squeaky stuff. (She has been trying to get Christianna's squeaky giraffe toy for weeks now.)
We gave her the first one that night while we were eating dinner. She was in heaven! She didn't want anything to do with us or our dinner & we really liked that. Unfortunately she punctured it within 5 minutes & the squeaker no longer worked she didn't care. We even sent her outside to play with it for a little while. When we let her in later on, without the ball, we thought nothing of it. She always leaves her toys outside.
The next day I came in to our bedroom to find her with her front paws on top of Chris's dresser. She was sniffing like crazy around his drawers. Here she is - you can barely see her. Her front white paw is near the top drawer.
Then she just sat in front of it & stared!
I finally checked out what in the world she could be sniffing...I didn't peg Chris for the type to hide chocolate in his dresser! But 2 drawers down, I found this:
Can you believe she could smell it? Well, I tried to find the first ball to let her play with it again, but I could find it NO WHERE in the back yard. You know what? I am pretty sure she ate the whole thing. I didn't want to give the other one to her....we just bought them...come on! So I moved it to the shelf in his closet. I didn't want her to scratch his dresser. Well, she figured it out.

What are we going to do with you Minnie?

We ended up giving her the other ball & it also was destroyed within a half hour. This time we watched her more closely so she wouldn't eat it....because I KNOW she would have!

1 comment:

Jen H said...

That is awesome!!