Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Have you been to the Dollar Store?















I am sure that many, many years ago - there were stores like this, only a little better. Things were even cheaper than a dollar...penny candy - etc. With prices rising everywhere, it is good to know that I can still find great deals for the things I need at the dollar store. I definately frequent our local All-A-Dollar for more than you know. Maybe you don't realize all the bargains that are available, so I will fill you in on some of my favorites.

Within the past I year, I have bought:
  • super glue (pack of 3) great for the many quick fixes that are a direct result from children touching things they shouldn't or just goofing off
  • batteries (fab. for the kids toys and they last just as long) - more recently found AAA size perfect for the arm band radio I like to listen to when I go riding
  • brownie mix
  • storage containers
  • litte police men toys (Chris likes to hand out when he does presentations & stuff)
  • party plates & supplies, tons of things for a gift bag (including the bag)
  • super cute hair stuff for the girls
  • hair brushes
  • tooth brushes (the cute kid ones that suction cup to the sink, wall, mirror, or any other place kids can think of)
  • a pregnancy test - sorry everyone-it was negative (so I know they work, because I wasn't pregnant :-)
  • movie theater candy (it is actually cheaper @ Walmart, but for the convenience of close, it works for us)
  • scrapbooking supplies - glue tape dispensers, cute stickers, paper
  • home decorations -which brings me to the pictures.

The floral pattern on the wall in the girls room were actually wall stickers from the Dollar store! I love the different ones because they are NOT permanent. I can reposition/reuse them and they don't damage the walls. Perfect for someone who likes to change it up every once in awhile but is limited due to the fact of apartment "rules". I have actually used cute butterfly stickers on the girls bathroom walls.


I know that there is just about everything there. So next time you are driving by, don't be afraid of low prices, stop in and see all that the Dollar store has to offer. I am sure you will find something you need.

3 comments:

Jen H said...

So cute. I bet they look fabulous with the bed-house-canapy you made them for Christmas. Adorable! Good find.

Jeff & Melesa Loosle said...

The Dollar store is an addiction that should be closley watched. You go into the store with a few things in mind and come out with.... well it is only $1... Dangerous!

Stacey said...

The dollar store also has easter baskets, gift bags, christmas decor, toddler clothing (for my Hairless Chinese Crested Dog), party supplise (colored plates, utensils, cups and napkins), photo frames...YUP...something there for all of us!