Friday, May 16, 2008

The spoils of PTA conference!!


PTA ROCKS!!! You heard that right! I am one of those PTA parents. But I am not the crazy psycho-type. I just returned from a 2 day PTA conference that was in Provo. I had a great time! A group of fabulous ladies & 2 dedicated fellas went from our elementary school. As you can see, you get alot of "information." I say it that way, because you get some good info & -sorry to say it - you get some junk too. Plus side - fabulous samples! Especially as you go around the different fundraiser companies. If you are looking for a sugar or chocolate fix, you are definately in the right place! Many baked cookies, many different kinds of chocolate bars & candies. Today I got a packet of apple slices & a Creamy! It was banana flavored - so I think I did alot better with the fruits.... Yum, yum, yum...
I had many different classes to go to as well. I am going to be the Reflections Chair for the next school year & I am so excited to do it! I remember entering reflections when I was in school. (Secretly, I wish I could submit stuff of my own now.) Sadly, I can not - but there is always the State Fair! --Sidenote: I am actually planning on submitting photographs I have taken this year @ the fair.
My very last class was AWESOME! I heard Chris Waddell speak. He is a paralympic medalist. He broke his back in a skiing accident and was back on the slopes within a year! His story is such an inspiring one! I have included a link to his website & I encourage all of you to take a gander & check it out! www.one-revolution.com
Well, now I need to go through all this stuff & weed out the good stuff! Wish me luck, I'm going in!

No comments: