Friday, May 23, 2008

She's growing up!


Picture 22 (Thurs.)

I know my post was about Christianna yesterday, but I need to do another one inspired by her. Today we were eating lunch together and we had a very interesting conversation. I really don't know how we got started on the topic - but she started out by telling me that I need to find her a husband. The dialog went something like this....

"Mom, I need you to find me a husband."

"You are too little to have a husband."

"Oh, I know - when I am bigger, like you!"

"When you are bigger, are you going to be a Pampered Chef lady?"

"Yes! And when I go to Chicago with you, my husband will stay home with the kids." (Remember, Pampered Chef National Conference is in Chicago.)

"And while I am there, I can go to the Disney Store to get things for the kids." (As she is talking, she has her hands moving like she is on a task list - in order.)

"But I don't know if I want a baby in my belly...(pause)...but that is the only way to have kids..." (There really wasn't much of a break here to let her know about the idea of adopting.)

"Then when we get back from Chicago, we can pack our things and go to Grandmas house...(pause)...but you have to come too, because I don't know how to get there..."

With her face a little crinkled, like she is thinking hard, she says, "Hmm, you are going to have to live with me."

So I ask her, "So you don't have to go far to visit Grandma?"

"Yes. (Then she says -) I don't want you to be a Grandma."

"Why?"

"Because, you are beautiful....." (Almost like that will change? Nice, huh?)


I really wish that I had recorded this conversation! Already, I have forgotten some things that she said. It was one of those moments that I don't want to forget. I know she was jumping back and forth with things, but it was, seriously, the funniest conversation I have had with her thus far. It is just so hard to believe that she is only 5! She is like a little adult when you sit and have a conversation with her! She is always thinking about what she will do in the future, when she grows up - what she wants her life to be like.

1 comment:

Jen H said...

That is so cute! I am glad you wrote it down so you can go back and read it with her later.