Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Birthday Girl!

Picture 28
Today our firstborn turned 8. Can you believe that?
We asked Victoria what she wanted for her birthday dinner and she chose Chinese. Well, as usual, I took that idea and ran. We had a variety of chinese food. I moved the kitchen table out of the kitchen & set the coffee table there instead. Then I put the pillows down to sit on. (This was a big hit with the girls.)






The ceiling was adorned with paper lanterns. (These are actually so simple to make! I found super easy instructions online and went to work.)










And what is a chinese dinner without chopsticks? She is really getting good at using them!





After dinner was finished, we sang to her and then dug into that cake. Believe me it wasn't easy....we all ate a little too much of dinner and were getting full really fast.






"What the???" This may be what you are asking. (If you have read the whole way down.) That would be a dragon on her cake. Victoria was born in the Chinese Year of the Dragon. So I thought it was fitting for her birthday cake.





What is a birthday without gifts? I am thinking that this may be her favorite: High School Musical 2 DVD. She also got lots of books and some clothes.


I am amazed at how fast she is growing up! Her personality is starting to resemble a pre-teen...oh, all the emotional stuff...uuugghhh. She is very bright, independent - and convincing. She is alot like me there...a leader who knows what she wants & pretty much knows how to get it. (I know Jennie & Mom are nodding in agreement there...) She loves everyone and tries to make them happy. This is a milestone year for her too! She will be baptized on June 7th and almost the entire family will be there. She is very excited about it. We love her tons and are so grateful to have her in our family.

2 comments:

Jessica Smith said...

Oh how fun I hope she had a wonderful birthday.

Jen H said...

Good job on the party Nicole! I can't believe she is 8 yrs old.