Monday, May 26, 2008

Sundays


Picture 25

For anyone who has been following, I have been doing a picture a day for the month of May...including things that are a part of my life - things I wish that my Grandparents and even parents would have written about...

My picture today represents a huge part of my life. This is the outline for Primary this year. The theme is: I Am A Child of God. Right now I am in our Primary Presidency as the second counselor. I love it! I have always enjoyed being with and teaching the children..aged 3-11. (Tech. 18 months and older....) It is such a wonderful opportunity and blessing to teach them. It always amazes me how much those children understand and learn!

I am so very grateful that we learned about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from 2 wonderful missionaries. I was just about to turn 12 when I was baptized. I sometimes wonder where my life would have been if I hadn't had the gospel. We were Catholic before, went to church every Sunday...but I didn't feel anything for it. It was what we did. Now I have such a strong testimony of the gospel and I see blessings in my life everyday because of it. I can see the Lord's hand in my entire life! Especially that rough year I had in H.S. when I reared off the straight & narrow. A year I don't like to talk about too much. Since then, I got my act together, married a wonderful man for time & eternity and we now have 2 beautiful girls and are an eternal family.

Some people wonder how I can "deal" or "let" Chris be in his profession...knowing that we are an eternal family & this life is not the end, gives me great comfort. Granted, I don't like to think about something happening to him even though it is a very good possibility. Also, he has wanted this for so long - a major dream of his - that I just cannot say "NO." I couldn't live with knowing that I held him back from something he loves. I don't want to be the reason for regret.

I am just so grateful for the gospel. It is my strength and comfort and so much more.

No comments: