Friday, May 9, 2008

Sports - so it begins...





I should have posted this yesterday, but - let's just say, it was a day - My picture for Thurs. involves the activities our kids like to do. We put the girls in a baseball group to see if it was something they liked or not. I am not sure why I thought they wouldn't enjoy it...they are my children after all. A couple of mom's from our ward put a group together so the kids can learn the basics without the large costs of a league. So, for just $6 per kid and 1 night per week - it has proven definatley worth it!


We practice together at home occasionally & Victoria is really picking it up quickly. She is throwing great & boy, does that girl have a mean stance at the plate! (Her arms are at perfect form...I am so proud...sniff, sniff.) Christianna is doing great as well, she also has a fabulous throwing arm and when she can get a piece of the ball - she not too bad at hitting. They actually scare me a little when I am pitching to them. That is mostly now, after Victoria almost line drived me.


I see that the activities are just getting started. The girls also like to take swimming lessons and would like to do many other things - dance, gymnastics, etc...but I am really going slow to put them in alot. Not just because of my schedule and sanity, I don't want to be one of those crazy mom's who are running from one thing to the next all the time! Granted, I feel like that somedays already, but it could be so much worse. Plus, too many activities take them away from the family time we like to have together. So for now, we'll do the baseball take family bike rides and play together outside.


Is it wrong to make them wait until they can drive to their own stuff before I have them in alot of activities??? JUST KIDDING!

No comments: