Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oh the joys of modern convenience!


Picture of the day: The good ol' washer & dryer. I have come to appreciate this dynamic duo even more the past couple of months. Last month we were without our dryer for a few weeks. Normally I will do all the laundry Wednesday and 2 small loads on Saturday - if needed. When our dryer went out, I had to wash 1 load at a time & hang them on bars to dry. At that time, it was so stinkin' cold that it took almost 2 days to dry! A couple times I got sick of the waiting dirty laundry, that I drove to the laundromat to dry it. (Not fun with the girls since it is super boring! But they were able to entertain themselves for a little bit as they scoured the floor for dropped change. A trait - talent even, that they have from the Grandpa Fairall.)


Over $20 in quarters later - and over $100 in service fees & a part - we have the dryer fixed. I need to express my appreciation for these two. "Thanks for all the years of service you have given our little family. You have been there through accidents, sickness (bless you for that) & health. I am very glad that I don't have to go beat our clothing on rocks in the river and that you make one chore a little easier for me."


No comments: