Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



Today is Mother's Day - Sun. May 11th. To be honest, there were many times that it wasn't the best day for me. But I am trying to stop focusing on that. Let's say that it was a hard one, including one of the worst power struggles yet with my sweet youngest child. Chris wasn't available to help either for those rough moments.
So, it is time to focus on the good today!
This morning, Chris actually didn't sleep in long! He woke up and made me breakfast. So I had a fabulous egg breakfast with a small bowl of fresh strawberries. YUMMY!! Then Victoria presented the Mother's Day card she made me at school. Isn't it cute? She also wrote me a poem:
Mom I Love you like a flower
Maybe you will get the power
Someday you will sing in the shower
P.S. Roses are red violets are blue
candy is sweet and so are you
Love you mom from Victoria
Happy Mother's Day
(She said that the only other word she could think of that rhymed with power - was shower! And I actually do have the power to sing in the shower! I do that alot actually & that is somwthing that the girls do too - but they sing much louder! Even when I have guests over, we can hear them out in the livingroom.)
Christianna doesn't write yet, but I got a bunch of "Happy Mother's Day" hugs and kisses.

Another highlight of today was Primary. I am the 2nd Counselor in our Primary Presidency. We were a little shorthanded as our first counselor was out of town. But that was fine - we have done handled that before. Well, today we were missing the teachers for the Sunbeam class - that is the 3 year olds. I went on a search for the sub - but she was no where to be found. So I ended up teaching them! I actually missed being a Primary teacher! Granted, it is a little difficult to take a quick 10 seconds to go over the lesson before you teach it, but it was wonderful. The children were so sweet and as always, a joy. We learned about our bodies and how we need to keep them clean and healthy. One little boy taught us how important it is to not eat too much sugar and to make sure we brush our teeth to make sure we get all the "sugar bugs" off! He is so adorable. Being with them was one of the best parts of Mother's Day for me. I was able to forget about the things bothering me and just enjoy being with them. Then, all the children sang a Mother's Day medley during church. Then after one of the talks, the choir sang as well. I had a tiny solo. I actually really love to sing! But I still get nervous every time & I can feel my knees shaking....but don't tell anyone.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you! I hope you had a fabulous day!!


No comments: