Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What the...??









It isn't even 9 AM yet & I am all set for my picture of the day! #20







Can you see that right? I have been reading lately. Look closely. That is indeed the same book - kinda. Ever since PTA Conference & heard Shannon Hale speak, I decided to read some of her books. SO I picked up a couple at the BYU bookstore. I finished the first one "The Goose Girl" just after dinner last night. So I wanted to get started on the next one "Enna Burning." As I was getting snuggled into bed & opened my next book, very eager to read it, as I did the last...I was severely confused! Why does this book have a forward about Palestine history? What are they talking about...it was translated into English by so & so? WHAT?? I reread the book flap and sure enough, it was supposed to be about a girl, her brother & a gift of making fire... Upon further examination of this book, I took a look at the title page. Hidden within the cover of "Enna Burning" was a different book! Now it wasn't that it was just the wrong paper sleeve...the hardback cover was also wrong and the actual pages inside go with a book called "I Saw Ramillah." Can you believe that?


To say the least, I was a bit disappointed. I called the bookstore this morning to explain & that was the first time they ever heard this one! Lucky me. So I have to wait until I can get back down to Provo or until my brother-in-law comes to visit again & have him exchange it for me. I really want to read it! I guess it may be best for now, I can get things back in order around here. You see, the thing about me is that once I start a book, I have to keep reading it until it is done. Almost everything else is put on the back burner. I do manage to make sure everyone eats 3 meals a day (even if it is just cereal) and that they have clean clothes to wear. (That may shed a little light as to why Chris was doing laundry yesterday...I was really going to do it...he just beat me to it.) But since this book is a continuing story from a character in the first book, I really want to read it. Oh well....such is life. How is your day panning out?

1 comment:

Jen H said...

Okay that is hysterical! I was laughing so loud Ethan kep asking "What? What mom?" Her books are well worth the wait though. They are all good adn really quick reads.